Missing teeth caused by some dental issues can be replaced by Dentures. Dentures are artificial teeth and gums designed to improve the appearance of the patient and prevent further dental problems. Here at Manchester Smiles, we offer Removable Partial and Full Denture Services to address patient’s dental needs and restore their confidence.
What are Partial and Full Dentures?
Partial Denture is consists of synthetic gums and teeth connected by a metal frame. Partial Dentures are usually used if there are remaining teeth in the upper or lower jaw and usually replaces one or more teeth. The procedure includes attaching crowns on either side of the space, and afterward, artificial teeth will be positioned. Partial Dentures does not only replace missing teeth, but it also prevents the teeth from changing position and keep the teeth aligned.
Full Dentures are used if all teeth are missing. Full dentures can be conventional or immediate. Conventional dentures are places after the removal of the teeth, and the gum tissues have healed. On the other hand, immediate dentures are positioned just right after the teeth has been removed so that the patient won’t experience the feeling of missing teeth. Immediate dentures require more adjustment to ensure proper fitting, since during the healing process, the gums will tend to shrink causing the dentures to become loose.
Importance of Dentures
Having missing teeth is quite a struggle. It affects how we eat, speak and smile. But the good thing is, dentures are developed to replace missing teeth. Here are some of the benefits why it is essential to wear dentures.
- Improves Self Confidence
- No food Restriction
- Comfortable Speaking
- Dentures are durable and last a long time with proper care
How to Care for your Dentures
- In handling dentures, use a towel or a container with water. Dentures are delicate that it may break.
- Keep the Dentures hydrated with its solution or plain water. Never use Hot water when hydrating denture since it may warp.
- Brush the dentures regularly just like you are brushing your teeth. It removes the food particles left a plaque leaving the dentures to stain free.
- Brush your gums, tongue, and palate every day to maintain a healthy mouth.
- If denture break of chipped, make sure to visit the dentist to repair the damage.
Both Partial and Full Dentures is essential in replacing missing teeth and restoring appearance. Visit the dentist if you have problems with missing teeth so that it can be treated immediately.
Suffering from tooth loss? We offer services for Removable Partial and Full Dentures in Manchester. Contact us at Manchester Smiles for your appointments, call (860) 265-8047. Our passionate team is ready to serve you. We are located at 168 Spencer Street Manchester, CT 06040.