At Manchester Smiles, our excellent service, reliable and polite team, and state-of-the-art facility ensure that you will receive the high-quality, personalized dental care you need and deserve for you and your family. You are important to us which is why we make sure that choosing our dental clinic for your oral health is a decision you never regret.
We value your oral health above anything else and that is why we make sure we hire experts who are able to provide you the best quality of dental service like no other. Our general dentists can take care of your and your family’s overall health. Your general dentist is the one who diagnoses, treats and the one who provides overall care for your oral health needs. More of his services are preventative which means he helps you prevent possible oral health problems like tooth decay, gum and periodontal diseases.
Those who practice general dentistry do the following:
- Diagnose oral conditions that may manifest into systemic disease with the use of latest techniques and equipment. The head, neck and oral cavity are being examined as well to determine the oral health of the patient.
- Uses specialized diagnostic techniques to identify diseases of the teeth, supporting bone, gingival tissues and other tissues in the oral cavity and head and neck
- Restore and replace teeth damaged by decay, lost from trauma or disease with dental materials, implants and crown and bridge techniques
- Perform corrective surgery on gums and supporting bones to treat gum disease
- Extract teeth when necessary
- Eliminate pain resulting from oral diseases, conditions and trauma while making use of prescriptive medicines to reduce pain and discomfort.
- Correct badly positioned teeth to improve chewing, speech, digestion of food and appearance
- Evaluate overall health of their patients including taking and evaluating comprehensive medical histories
- Provide education and advice on oral health care and preventive measures to maintain healthy oral tissues and prevent oral disease
- Provide instructions and advice on oral health care including individualized diet analysis, brushing and flossing techniques, use of fluoridated products and other specialized preventive measures to maintain healthy oral tissues and prevent oral disease
It is important to understand how vital it is to have a regular dental visit with your dentist.
Here are the reasons why:
- Regular visits are important because they help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Dental visits allow you to have checkups and professional cleaning
- Your dentist will be able to determine if there is any trouble or condition that needs to be addressed
- During the cleaning, your dental professional will remove plaque and tartar buildup that you cannot easily remove with brushing and flossing
High quality hygiene starts and ends with maintaining a good quality regime and that means incorporating your regular dental visits to your daily habit of brushing twice a day and flossing. This also includes eating the right kind of food that is healthy for your teeth and gums. If you take good care of your teeth, you will look better with a healthier and brighter smile. More importantly, you will be able to keep your natural teeth longer because you will be able to avoid tooth decay, periodontal disease, gum and other mouth diseases. The oral health issues can lead to even bigger problems like diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, malnutrition and pregnancy related issues.
One bad tooth can start more complicated problems in your mouth. If it is left untreated, it will result to infection and worse, loss of tooth. Though there may be a lot of restorative procedures that can help you fix this, it is always better to be preventive now. Not only will it help you keep your natural teeth longer, it will also help you save unnecessary costs that come along with the treatments required when you take your teeth for granted. It will not take so much of your time to make your preventative dental trips to your general dentist at least twice a year, ideally. What will take more time and more expenses would be taking your oral health for granted and waiting until it is too late. Book an appointment at our dental office now.