Choosing a teeth-straightening treatment that will suit your taste and lifestyle could be tricky. The wide range of orthodontic options nowadays made people rack their brains trying to figure out the best solution for their not-so-perfect smiles. For example, they might find it challenging to choose between removable aligners or fixed appliances if cost, effectiveness, and comfortability are to be considered. We at Manchester Smiles are here to help! The clear braces available in our clinic are a great alternative that follows the concept of both the modern aligners and traditional braces.
Clear Braces: Strengths And Weaknesses
Transparent aligners and clear braces are not the same – but they resemble in a way since these oral devices are less noticeable when compared to the conventional orthodontic appliance. Clear braces are fixed, and they still utilize brackets and wires. However, these components are now made from clear & tooth-colored materials, giving wearers an aesthetically pleasing treatment.
We at Manchester Smiles offer a selection of orthodontic treatments in our office. And one of those, as mentioned, is clear braces. To help you weigh down if this type of oral device suits you, we listed some of its advantages and disadvantages.
Pros Of Clear Braces
The treatment is awash with clear benefits. Such include:
- The brackets and wires of clear braces will not compromise the appearance of the wearer’s pearly whites.
- Since the materials used for clear braces are of high quality, patients do not need to worry about damaging the appliance.
- This type of orthodontic device eliminates the hassles brought by traditional braces. For instance, clear braces do not irritate the lips and other soft tissues in the mouth.
- Clear braces correct teeth and bites in a less painful way.
Cons Of Clear Braces
Here are the downsides of clear braces:
- They cost higher than the conventional braces
- Clear braces cannot mend severe orthodontic cases
Visit our clinic for a consultation. Our dentist will assess your condition and recommend a treatment that will work best for you. All in all, if clear braces can address your unique teeth issues, then we suggest investing in this excellent orthodontic alternative.
The road to a straighter, healthier mouth begins with a visit at Manchester Smiles. If you’re looking for Orthodontics services in Manchester, CT, contact us and schedule an appointment. We’ll make sure to answer any other questions you might have.